I don't know about you, but I needed a little refreshment this Monday morning. Life lately, has been frustrating at best. I feel completely stuck in my career and although I know exactly what I need to do to change it, it takes a whole lots of guts to just dive off the deep end. I am terrified of the free-fall and yet, at this point, I think it will be worth it.
To distract from all of this, I have been desperately in need of a little refreshment, and instead of consuming fat-laden chai tea lattes, I have opted to start my morning with this refreshing chai-spiced smoothie bowl. The peach brings an element of lightness, while the warming chai spices help you get ready for the day and provides powerful antioxidants. Granola and almond butter bring everything together, and add heartiness and nutrition.
Try it! I promise it will help clear your mind, and set you straight for the week ahead. And although it can't help me make my decision, I firmly believe coming into the office with an open mind will show me solutions I couldn't otherwise see.
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1/4 frozen, ripe peach
- 2-3 tbsp almond milk or yogurt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp ginger
- pinch of nutmeg
- pinch of allspice
- 2 tbsp almond butter (or peanut butter)
- 1/4 chopped fruit of choice to top (I used kiwi berries)
- 1/4 cup granola
- Blend banana and peach together until it looks like dippin' dots. Add 2 - 3 tbsp of almond milk or yogurt and pulse until it starts to come together. Leave blender running until everything has been combined and the mixture looks like soft ice-cream.
- Add cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and allspice and blend until they are incorporated.
- Pour (or scrape if super thick) into a bowl, top with 2 tbsp almond butter, 1/4 cup of chopped fruit and 1/4 cup of granola