These are gonna be dangerous
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 cup crushed walnuts
- 1/2 cup whole pecans (cashews, hazelnuts, any nut would work really)
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/3 cup almond butter
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Pre-Heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit
- Combine 2 cups of oats, 1/2 cup pecans and 1 cup crushed walnuts on a baking sheet and place in oven for 10 minutes or until everything starts to smell nutty and toasted and the oats are turning golden brown.
- While nuts are toasting, melt 1/4 cup of butter on the stovetop over medium heat. The butter will first melt, then bubble and then start to turn brown. Once it becomes a deep toffee brown, remove it from heat and immediately add it to a small mixing bowl (otherwise it will burn). Add the 1/3 cup maple syrup, 1/3 cup almond butter and 1 tsp vanilla. Whisk to combine.
- Once oats and nuts are toasted, remove from oven and scrape into a large mixing bowl. Add salt and liquid ingredients and mix well.
- Scrape into a parchment lined 9 x 9 glass baking pan.
- Bake 20 - 25 minutes or until just starting to turn golden brown. Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes and then transfer to cooling rack.
- Wait at least 20 more minutes before cutting or otherwise they will all fall apart.