Caprese should be beautiful.
- 2 tomatoes (whatever type is the freshest of the season)
- 4 oz mozzarella
- 2 tbsp toasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup balsalmic vinegar
- 2 tbsp high quality olive oil
- 4 leaves of basic, chiffonade
- Salt and pepper
- Slice the tomatoes and mozzarella and sprinkle salt and pepper on the cut surfaces. Let sit while you prepare the balsalmic and avocado.
- Thinly slice the avocado and following this youtube video make the avocado rose.
- In a small saucepan, bring the balsamic vinegar to a boil until reduced by half (takes about 5 minutes).
- Layer the tomatoes and mozzarella, place avocado rose in the center, sprinkle the toasted pine nuts and basil over the top and drizzle with the balsamic.